When it comes to you and your favorite gal pals, there are some unwritten rules that you should always abide to. Now you’ll usually hear me say rules are meant to be broken [I’m such a rebel!] but not when it comes to Girl Code. If you or girlfriend(s) break any of the following codes, you may want to reevaluate your friendship. So here we go…. Girl codes [according to me]:
1. Chicks before dicks. All day, err day! Sure, guys are great [sometimes] and we all love the attention we get from them but your girls should always come first. Afterall, guys are there to have fun with but your girls are your soulmates.
2. Ex-boyfriends/crushes/FWB/current BF’s are 100% off limits. Don’t even go there. Don’t even entertain the idea. I don’t care if your BFF’s crush is hotter than Channing Tatum [impossible!] Don’t do it.
3. Don’t cock block. We are all adults here. If Betty Sue wants to go home with Charlie from Cha-Chas, let her, except if he is your crush [refer to #2] or if she may contract herpes. That shit is for life! Suggest using protection in a non-judgemental way.
4. Always be the shoulder to cry on. When your sidekick gets her heartbroken, it is your duty as a female companion to supply tissues, wine, and an open ear. Even if you don’t have any good advice, sometimes just listening to her rant over how awful that guy is helps. Just remember to wear dark colors when offering your shoulder to her… mascara is really hard to wash out.
5. Girls night out. When she’s done crying [refer to #4] dust off those fuck me pumps and go paint the town red. Nothing like a good booty shaking sesh to cure a broken heart. Seriously though… girls night is one of the best inventions ever!
6. Keep her secrets to yourself. I don’t care what any girl says, we all gossip. Don’t be ashamed of it but know when to shut up. We all know what can and cannot be repeated. Don’t start drama! Don’t be that girl.
7. When she looks good, tell her [and vice versa]. Even if you’re the most confident girl in the room, knowing someone thinks you look great feels great. But if she doesn’t look her best, give her honest but loving advice [those jeans are alriiiiight but maybe try that black skirt]. You should always want your girl to look and feel her best!
8. Always be each other’s lesbian lover when the creep at the bar won’t get a clue… that’s not the only option on dealing with unwanted male attention but you get the picture. Don’t leave her hanging.
9. Be a good wingwoman [if necessary]. Even if your gal pal is chatting up with the hottest guy around and he is friend is a total grenade, take one for the team. I bet she’d do it for you!
10. Always be her #1 fan. No matter what. If you have her back, she will have yours [hopefully]. You may not always agree on everything but that doesn’t mean you can’t support her. Sure, we don’t always make the best life decision [no one is perfect… except for Beyonce] but knowing your girls have your back makes life easier.
11. Don’t let anyone mess with your clique. When shit hits the fan, rally together and kick ass [not literally… not trying to get arrested]. Ride together, die together!
12. If you know for a fact that her BF is being shady, tell her. She may not believe you but in the long run, it’s worth it.
13. Be sincere and genuine.. If you can’t be yourself around your girls, then there’s a serious issue. No one likes fake people.
14. Every big moment in your girl’s life should be celebrated. Birthdays, promotions, first bikini waxing [haha just kidding… but seriously]. It doesn’t matter what it is. Dancing? Check! Wine? Check! Balloons? Why not?!
15. If she’s hammered and looks like she needs help, help her [this applies to strangers, too]. There’s no excuse for not doing the right thing. Be a good samaritan. Help a sista out.
Posted from WordPress for Android